Friday, September 10, 2010

Featured Fridays *Natural Nina*

Life Time Natural

1. Whats your favorite way to style you hair?



Over the 10 years that I have been natural, my hair has seen many styles and colors. My favorite way to style my hair used to be messy updos, when I had locs in my hair. Now that I have done another big chop, I'm anxious to get back to those types of styles when my twa gets a little longer.

2. What are your favorite products?

My favorite products for styling my hair are Knot Today and Kinky Curly Curling Custard from the Kinky Curly line. When I use my Knot Today and KCCC on my twa, I get the best curl definition my hair has ever had. 

3. How do you keep your hair healthy?

Keep my hair healthy by staying away from products that are made from mineral oil, petrollium, and other cheap ingredients that my hair doesn't like. I keep a tight regimen, of weekly deep conditioning treatments, scalp massages 3 times a week with castor or coconut oils,  I sleep in a satin bonnet,  I stay away from all hair weaves, extensions, and braids to prevent traction alopecia, and I drink lots of water.

4. Do you have any hair goals?

My current hair goal is to grow bra strap length healthy hair, and I gave myself a realistic time period of 5 years to reach my goal.

5. Have you ever felt pressured to relax your hair? If so How did you overcome the pressure?

I have been pressured to relax my hair several times over the years, on both a professional and personal level. I overcame the pressure by sticking informing those around me that my natural hair is a natural part of me that will not change. I would be willing to replace the people around me, including my work environment, before I put creamy crack back in my hair. I prefer that people respect my choice, as I respect theirs. It's not my fault if anyone around me is intimidated by my natural stance. My suggestion is to get over it because however I choose to wear my hair, does not make or break anyone else.  We are all naturally beautiful, and I choose to not to hide my beauty with chemicals and fake hair.




Check out Natural Ninas  blog

No comments:

Post a Comment