Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tramatic Thursdays

Every Thursday this blog will feature a post giving advice to a concerned natural lady. Readers don't be afraid to offer advice or submit questions to me at xnaturalbeautyx0531@gmail.com



Q: How do you stop your hair from being all smashed and nasty when you wake up in the morning?

my hair sucks!!! I've tried shea butter and a whole bunch of natural products, olive oil (extra virgin)....mixing it in and my hair is still dry as a bone! It feels like hay....ughhh! It only feels moisturized when it’s in twists or braided so I've just been doing that. But what do you put in your mixtures??? I neeeeeed to know!!! I wanna rock the fro but I cant stand the dryness, it drives me nuts. I just keep touching it and then hair fails out.....it's blowin me -_-



A: Are you still having a problem with it being smushed when you wake up in the morning?

I noticed I had that problem when it was not moisturized or when I was wearing a wash and go. I would suggest baggying your hair at night or moisturizing your hair then putting it in 2 cornrows or flat twist. Another thing I would do when I woke up with smushed dry hair is moisturize it with a water based leave in conditioner or pull it out with my fingers and some coconut oil. Water is natural hairs best friend. Moisture comes from water not oil or heavy butters. You can use all the oil or butters in the world but if your hair lacks water it will still be dry and thirsty. Try adding water and your favorite conditioner or oil in a spray bottle and shaking it up. The water will moisturize while the oil or conditioner will lock in moisture. Make sure water is the main ingredients in this mixture and all other leave in conditioners that you buy. If you still see no improvements in your hair try using aloe vera juice. Aloe vera juice is extremely moisturizing and can be used in place of water in many hair recipes. You can buy it from GNC walmart of wholefoods but make sure to get at least 99% aloe vera juice. Any less will most likely contain things that are not hair friendly. Aloe vera juice will need to be refrigerated once it it opened so keep that in mind. Hope to help :)

Ladies do you have any advice for this lady? If so post it in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment